Chungbuk Technopark – the Organizing Committee of the Renewable Energy Chungbuk (“CBTP”, “We”, “Our”, “Us”) is committed to respecting the privacy of users and providing safe and secure user experience.
Below, you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have.
A controller is responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as further applicable data protection laws. Please find your controller and its contact information in 13. Information about Data Protection Management and Links to other websites below here, depending on where you are.
2. Data protection officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer in accordance with Art. 37 of the GDPR. If there is anything you are unsure about regarding this Policy or our data protection of your personal data, feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com at any time.
3. How we collect your personal data
When you visit our website, computer and technology information (e.g. browser type, IP address, unique device ID, etc.) is automatically collected via your browsers.
We generally collect personal data directly from you, for example, your name and E-mail address, etc.
4. What type of personal data we have
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our purposes mentioned in this Policy and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. The types of personal data we collect and share depend on the nature of your relationship with us and the requirements of applicable laws.
- Personal data – In order to provide the event ticket, we may collect personal data including your name, E-mail address and nationality.
- The personal data that we process may include any other personal data that is provided to us during the course of our services.
- To provide you with an acceptable service, we may collect your information about dietary which is classed as special category data with your explicit consent.
5. How we process your personal data
As CBTP is a public agency of South Korea, we process personal data for a number of different purposes that arise from our missions to contribute to the development of the national economy through global business support activities.
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests, inquiries or concerns regarding our services
- To facilitate the exhibitions, conventions or events and to provide you with information and services associated with the events
- To send you surveys with the purpose of requesting your feedback about our events (We send surveys to all event participants instead of specific persons. Participation in surveys is voluntary, not mandatory.)
For visitors to our website
The information collected automatically when you visit our website will be processed for the following purposes:
- To ensure our website stays securely by preventing, detecting, mitigating and investigating fraud and security breaches
- To ensure the performance of our website
- To ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
The provision of your personal data will generally be voluntary and there is no statutory nor contractual obligation to provide your personal data. We generally do not contractually require the provision of your personal data but note that in any event, non-provision of personal data might exclude you from using some of our services or parts thereof.
Our services are not intended for use by children. Under applicable national laws, we do not knowingly collect personal data from users who are considered children. According to our User Agreement, children are not permitted to use our services.
6. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Where CBTP is processing personal data for the performance of its functions, the primary legal bases under the GDPR are as follows:
- Where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR. (i.e. when you register for our services, responding to your request about our services);
- Where the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by CBTP or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR. (i.e. sending thank you letters or surveys after the event, preventing or detecting security issues, gathering business meeting evaluation reports);
- Where we have obtained a data subject’s consent to the processing in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR. (i.e. sending the ticket via E-mail)
- Where the processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR.
We have implemented technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure of personal data. We restrict access to your personal data to those who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees to help them be well aware of risks associated with data security and confidentiality.
10. Data retention
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. Your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements. In case of consent, your personal data will be at the latest deleted without undue delay after the withdrawal of such consent.
11. Your rights
You have the rights, at any time:
- without giving reasons according to Art. 15 of the GDPR to obtain information about your data stored with us. With the exception of any connection fees charged by your provider, you will not incur any costs as a result of the inquiry;
- to have the data rectified in accordance with Art. 16 of the GDPR;
- to have the data erased in accordance with Art. 17 of the GDPR;
- to obtain from the controller restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 of the GDPR;
- to object to the processing for direct marketing according to Art. 21 (2) of the GDPR;
- to object to other forms of processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 (1) of the GDPR;
- to withdraw any consent to the collection and use of data given to us at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal in accordance with Art. 7 (3) of the GDPR;
- to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and to transmit them to another person responsible in accordance with Art. 20 of the GDPR;
No cost will be charged for any response to acceptable requests. If for some reasons the request is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why the request has been denied.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes for the period we hold your data.
We take any complaints we receive from you very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
We ask that you first submit any such complaints directly to the Data Protection Officer or Data Protection Manager in your country. If you aren’t satisfied with our response or have concerns about how we process your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority in your region.