Hankook Electric Power Information Co
Advanced Solution for Predicting Solar Power Generation Using Weather IoT
Industry Main Business Areas
Green Energy Systems
Date of Establishment
10 November 2017
103, Venture Center, KEPCO, 105 Munji-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34056, Republic of Korea
Hankook Electric Power Information Co. is a distributed energy resource managing platform company that uses virtual power plant(VPP). It operates demand resource (DR) trading services and power trading services through VPP. It has a variety of devices needed to produce, distribute, trade, operate, and monitor renewable energy. It also has application SW, service platform, AI engine for analytical predictive diagnosis and advanced information in the form of big data generated during collection of diagnostic analysis.
- Korea Certification Mark
- Patent 1 : Small Scale Distributed Power Resource Integrated Management System
- Patent 2 : Smart Power Demand Management System
- Patent 3 : Smart Power Demand Management System Using Real-Time Collected Customer Load Information
Development and Operation System of Advanced Solution for Predicting Solar Power Generation Using Weather IoT
- Builds a database of weather and solar data collected in real time.
- Develops a prediction data flow using photographs taken from the sky.
It is used to improve power generation prediction performance, and sends weather environment information input from weather IoT sensors to the control system of virtual power plants for integrated operation, monitoring, and power transactions.
- It sends weather IoT sensor collection data and skyview camera images to the server every minute.
- The weather IoT sensor collects temperature, humidity, and solar radiation information.
- Skyview camera collects the amount of clouds, movement, location and movement of the sun, and cloud cover status through video.
- Integrated all-in-one Temperature, humidity, solar radiation sensor + skyview cam + smart gateway + LET router are integrated in one device.
- Provide accurate solar power prediction information
- Provides accurate weather information to obtain solar power forecasting incentives.
- It provides not only the sensor values of temperature, humidity, and solar radiation, but also image information such as the amount of clouds that affect solar radiation, direction of movement, and whether it is harmful or not.
- Wired and wireless remote adjustment
- It exchanges data directly with the server using LTE model or wired internet.
- Able to remote control the information acquisition cycle adjustment and check device status.